Monday, November 29, 2010

Sickness and blessings

We had Johns Yellow Ribbon Ceremony ( a deplyment welcome back)on the 19th,20th and 21st of November. We were quite excited to spend the weekend in a hotel in Richmond. That week Bailey had caught a stomach bug and was sick and puking and by Friday I had a full blown sinus infection....so we weren't off to a good start. We hit the Drs right before we headed to Richmond got me some meds and was good to go...or so i thought. Had a fun afternoon with friends on Friday and by bedtime I was feeling just lousy. Sure enough One AM hit and I was SICK,SICK,SICK! Ehh i was up all night and all the next day puking. Poor John had to attend all the classes on his own and Bailey was in the daycare. I was miserable all day. John checked in on me many many times. (he always takes such good care of me) Brought me Gatorade, ginger ale and little snacks (that i saw twice every time i ate ehhh). By Saturday night i was feeling better and drug myself out of the room to get some fresh air. Slept like a rock that night and woke up Sunday Feeling MUCH better. I was able to attend the half day of classes and pack up to hit the road.....Then i got a phone call that turned my Entire weekend upside down. It was my Big Brother Josh, my mom was on the way to his place to visit him and his kiddos he had for Thanksgiving break and as a surprise my other Brother Joey was coming and wanted to see everyone.(For those of you that don't know i hadn't seen my brothers in over a year) Us being in Richmond we were barely and hour from his place in the Norfolk area. I started to cry and looked over at John..Both of us extremely tired from a long weekend and me getting over a bug, but we knew we HAD to go. We jumped on 64 and went to his house. My mom was in shock to see all her kids together and even though i knew everyone would be there I was in shock aswell. It was an amazing day with my family. I couldn't take it all in, it was just so amazing. I got to talk and hang with my brothers and Bailey got to play with her cousins! It was a huge blessing and Im so Thankful for that Thanksgiving miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment